Noel Rappin is a Senior Developer and Agile Coach at Table XI. Before that, Noel was in charge of internal training at Groupon. Before that joining Groupon, Noel was a Senior Consultant at Obtiva, where he led teams on a variety of web development projects for clients. Before that, he did other things, often involving typing.
Noel gives talks and workshops at conferences around the country. You can see some of Noel’s talks on the web:
- Rails vs. Object Oriented Programming — WindyCityRails 2013
- Rails vs. The Client Side — Rails Conf 2013
- Testing Complex Systems: Creating data and limiting scope — Also RailsConf 2013
- Testing Should Be Fun — video from RubyConf 2012
- Let’s Make Testing Fun Again — from WindyCityRails 2012
- Testing Best Practices, from RailsConf 2012.
- Test Your Legacy Rails Code, from Ruby Midwest, 2011.
- If They Asked You, You Could Write a Book, from Ignite Rails 2011.
- You Got Your Agile in my UXD, from Refresh Chicago, June 2010.
- Testing Done Good, from a Chicago Ruby meeting May 2010.
- How To Test Absolutely Anything, from WindyCityRails 2009.
Noel has a Ph.D. in Educational Technology and User-Centered Design from the College of Computing and the Graphics, Visualization, and Usability Lab at the Georgia Institute of Technology and has taught about web development topics around the country.
Follow Noel on Twitter at @noelrap.